This September, Look Good Feel Better encourages all Australians to get involved in its annual fundraising and awareness campaign: Feel Better Month. Feel Better Month urges community supporters to think about the importance of self-confidence and positive well-being for the benefit of the 10,000 patients who will experience a confidence-boosting Look Good Feel Better workshop this year. Sign up and pledge to raise awareness and funds during Feel Better Month. You can make the month what you want. You choose the style of event or activity that best suits your lifestyle, preference and social networks. Here are some ideas to help get you started:
- Mufti days – who doesn’t love a casual Friday? Hold a regular day at your school or workplace and charge those who join in. You can theme the mufti day too, try: silly socks, hats, ties, sunnies.
- Bacon and egg brekkie or sausage sizzle lunch – host and charge a fee per item consumed. Try and get your local supermarket or butcher to donate the food to keep your expenses as low as possible!
- Mini make-overs – hold mini make-overs in your workplace during lunch, this could simply be painting nails or helping someone get ready for an event after work.
- Sporting knockout event – get your work colleagues together for a sports knockout competition with some touch football, cricket, soccer or netball.
- Team lunch – bring a dish to share with colleagues and ask for a donation to participate.
- Office bake off – hold your own baking competition with friends or colleagues and donate the proceeds from sales.
- Raffle/auction – organise prizes for a raffle or auction to have at your school or workplace. Ask your local businesses to support you with prize donations.
For more information, download our Fundraising Kit now or contact us on 1800 650 960.